Code analysis is important part of developing a software. Assume, we are sitting in a conference room to analyse software code manually?
How tough it is?
How are you following the coding conventions?
How do you manage to see each and every line of code?
If we talk about the business logic, then, OK, we can sit and see how it is going? Whether it is modular or not? What is the data flow?
But, in case of coding conventions, what you follow? Do you look every thing manually?
Simple answer: NO.
Now let’s look at some code analysis tool, which make the life simpler for developers and Leaders.
Veracode offers the industry’s most comprehensive automated static analysis, making application development faster and more reliable.Veracode Static Analysis supports all widely-used languages for desktop, web and mobile applications including:
- Java (Java SE, Java EE, JSP)
- .NET (C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET)
- Mobile Platforms: iOS (Objective-C and Swift), Android (Java), PhoneGap, Cordova, Titanium, Xamarin
- C/C++ (Windows, RedHat Linux, OpenSUSE, Solaris)
- Legacy Business Applications (COBOL, Visual Basic 6, RPG)
- Test every line of code and potential execution path.
- The root cause of each defect is clearly explained, making it easy to fix bugs
- Increase productivity with the industry’s broadest set of static analysis technologies
- Focus DevTest efforts on what’s most important to the business
- Eliminate defects fast with prioritized findings, workflow triggers
- Gain unparalleled insight through advanced software analytics
- Broad support for languages and regulations: Security | C/C++ | Java | .NET | FDA | Safety-critical
And many more….