Web designers will learn how to use these technologies together and pick up valuable web programming practices along the way—including how to optimize websites for mobile devices. At the end of the book, you’ll put everything together to build a fully functional social networking site suitable for both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Explore MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Use the MySQLi extension, PHP’s improved MySQL interface
- Create dynamic PHP web pages that tailor themselves to the user
- Manage cookies and sessions and maintain a high level of security
- Use Ajax calls for background browser-server communication
- Style your web pages by acquiring CSS2 and CSS3 skills
- Implement HTML5 features, including geolocation, audio, video, and the canvas element
- Reformat your websites into mobile web apps
# What Publisher says about this book in Preface
The combination of PHP and MySQL is the most convenient approach to dynamic, database-driven web design, holding its own in the face of challenges from integrated frameworks—such as Ruby on Rails—that are harder to learn. Due to its open source roots, it is free to implement and is therefore an extremely popular option for web development.
This book is for people who wish to learn how to create effective and dynamic websites. This may include webmasters or graphic designers who are already creating static websites but wish to take their skills to the next level, as well as high school and college students, recent graduates, and self-taught individuals.