The high availability decreases the price of any commodity and domain name is not an exception here. There was a time when the domain names were a novelty digital item to purchase and the ones who had them flaunt them with élan. But as the competition is increasing a huge number of domain names for are flooding the market and you can actually own a domain name at less than a full meal price! So buying a domain name is pretty easy and cheap but what about buying a specific domain name that has already been purchased by another person or domain investor?
Here the domain name aftermarket comes into the picture. Domain name aftermarket refers to the digital marketplace of pre-registered domain names. You can find them in the digital auctions or can check the industry forms to find the real domain resellers who own your favorite domain name and would love to sell them. As there are multiple platforms, hundreds of industry forums and a number of online auction sites selling domain names in the aftermarket, it could look daunting to find the ideal place to buy your domain names, ensure that authenticity and reputation o the same and offer the ideal quotation. Here are a few rules that can make things simple and more practical for you:
Taking the initial steps
The going gets easy once you know the exact domain name that really interests you. Next, you need to find out the owner and contact them with the ideal quotation. There are a few little knots in the middle, though.
- You need to ensure that the domain name does not have any bad history like being penalized or being booked for unfair practices.
- You should deeply research before setting your quotation.
- An ideal quotation should be neither too low nor too high
- WHOIS is an encyclopedia of the expansive collection of domain names that have been registering globally. It is possible that you can find the contact details of the present owner or registrant of the domain name.
For domain investors
If your main objective is to build an expansive portfolio of quality domain names that are appealing to investors, then be more strategic while finding the domains promising best returns.
- Look for the niche you feel more comfortable with. Though there are no hard and fast rules here, you can most possibly look for the niche that aligns with your current field. For example, if you are an advanced SEO professional then you would feel comfortable offering futuristic digital marketing tips to your readers.
- Age plays a great role in enhancing the market value of a good domain. There are multiple practical reasons for the same. To start with, everyone loves to have the creamiest layer and that is why it is the first layer of the party cake to vanish. So, older the domain name, creamier could be! Secondly, the trust factor plays a decisive role in determining your position on search results. SO the older domain name the more trust twill attracts.
- There is absolutely no reason why should you go for a trendy TLD like .shop or .zip if you are interested in building an investor-friendly portfolio. Trends fade away with every new fad. So, it is always better to stick to the time-tested TLDs like .com, .net or .org!
It is always better to set your budget first before choosing the ideal domain name. For instance if you wish to start a profitable blogging business and the available budget is, say, $500 or less then you need to be careful while buying domain name from aftermarket as many such domain names tend to be more expensive. You would most probably not like to waste your 3 hours over searching excellent domain names only to be disappointed while checking their prices.
Names that sell
Think of explanation as a hammer that can weaken convincing power with each hit. The more you explain, the more suspicious a potential buyer may grow. The smart buyer even uses the opportunity to lower the prices. So use the most common TLD and a plain, neat domain name. Why buy a www.Ursite.you when you can easily get a “Yoursite.com”. The latter is a standard or acceptable domain and TLD and does not require you to explain too much.
Dig Deeper before buying
Before buying a domain name ensures that the same domain name is not in the use. Yeah, we know that is pretty simple, but let us explain it further. Many times the domain names+TLDs are available but the same domain names might already be in the use with another TLD. You wouldn’t like to spend $700-800 on USGovrnment.com, only to know later that USGovernment.US and USGovernment.net are already in the use.
Acquire good knowledge
There are a number of social media groups and online platforms where you can expect to find a great wealth of knowledge on how to buy domain name from aftermarket in order to avoid pitfalls and enjoy better rewards. Whether you are new to domain market or already have some experience, it is always advisable to gain some knowledge before you plan to buy domain name from after market as it will equip you with the required level of expertise and also helps you to confidently negotiate the prices, discuss legal issues and assess the value or relevance of the domain names before paying for the same. In short you will certainly be able to get the best deal by acting on the sound and time tested advice by the seasoned authority figures of the industry.
Domain name is the vital requirement for starting your online journey. However, some you might fail to buy best domain names that match with your preferences and business. It happens due to the lack of availability and you would need to buy it from the aftermarket. You need to be very wise when you decide to buy domain names from aftermarket. In this blog we have discussed best tips that will help you make the right decision and get the best deal.